When Julian was an MP, he was happy to offer work experience opportunities for students from the constituency. The placement gives young people an insight into local politics and a chance to boost their skills. Students in the past have helped with a number of tasks:
- Casework, depending on the age and ability of the student
- Researching an issue and preparing a briefing
- Writing press releases
- Accompanying the MP to a meeting or event in the House or in the Constituency
- Assisting with office duties
- Answering queries from constituents, either by phone, letter, or by email
During the General Election campaign, there will be opportunities to help with the local campaign. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to find out anymore.