Free guided tours of Parliament are available to constituents Monday-Friday when Parliament is sitting. There are no Members' tours on Saturdays, Sundays, Bank Holidays or on the day of the Lord Chancellor's Breakfast (for 2015 this will be Thursday 1 October).
Parliament do however run commercial tours on weekends and you can find out more information here.
The walking tour of the Palace of Westminster includes -
- Westminster Hall, the ancient hall at the heart of the Palace where Parliament first sat and where many historic events have taken place
- The House of Lords, including the Royal Robing Room and the Royal Gallery which was used as the House of Lords during the Second World War
- The House of Commons, including the Speaker's Chair and the famous green benches and the 'lobbies' where MPs actually vote
Please contact us to enquire about a visit to Westminster but please note that tours are very popular and places are limited, so generally have to be booked several weeks in advance.
Tours run on the following days and times.
Sitting days :
Monday : 9am-12pm Full Tour
Tuesday : 9am-9.55 am Full Tour, 10am-12pm House of Lords Tour only
Wednesday : 9am - 9.55am Full Tour, 10am - 12pm House of Lords Tour only
Thursday : No Tours
Sitting Friday : 3.30pm - 5.15pm Full Tour
Non Sitting Days & Recesses :
- Summer recess (once both Houses have risen) : Monday 9.30am - 12.30pm (except Bank Holidays)
- Short November recess : 9.30am - 5.00pm
- All other Recess : Mondays 9.30am - 5.00pm (except Bank Holidays where tours will move to Tuesdays )
- More information for staff and members taking groups around during recesses.
Other closures may be announced at short notice due to Parliamentary business.